Monday, December 21, 2009

Oh fudge!

Countdown is on. T minus 4 days. My mom is so sweet - she has offered to help - but really unless she wants to get herself a few more gifts, a few more stocking stuffers, shop for all of the food that I need and give the house a quick tidy - I'm good. :) We are having Jules sleep over on Christmas Eve - so I need to have the house Jules worthy. Actually she is probably the easiest house guest ever. 

Tonight I made a batch of my favourite fudge. This is a recipe that I got from a family friend, Cindy, many many years ago. This is serious one of the easiest treats to make, and one of the most decadent treats. I have tried to keep it a secret for so long - but can't any longer. I made a big bunch to give as little gifts to some good friends. 

Tiger Fudge

4 cups of white chocolate wafers or discs (little chocolate morsels - I buy them in the bulk 
1 cup of peanut butter
1/4 cup milk chocolate wafers or discs

Melt the white chocolate and the peanut butter in a large metal bowl placed on top of a pot of boiling water - make it like a double boiler. Stir continuously ensuring that it all melts together. 


In a 9x12 baking pan, line the pan with waxed paper. Pour the melted chocolatey/peanut butter goodness in. Using the same process as above, melt the milk chocolate. With a spoon, place spoonfuls of the chocolate on top of the chocolate and peanut butter. With the pointy end of a skewer, swirl the chocolate all together - it makes a beautiful design. So gorgeous.


Place the pan in the fridge and let it sit. I usually like to let it chill for at least an hour. Remove it from the fridge and let it sit for a couple of minutes before cutting. I like to cut 5 strips from the wide side and then cut each strip in half. 

And that's it. You have a delicious treat for yourself or for friends. 


I hope that Christmas is all coming together for you all.

Loves.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
Give me a detailed list and I will shop for you, I love to shop.
Mom

Nikki and Lior said...

Good Morning Cheryl!
Yes, I am on your blog 7am on Christmas morning making this scumplicious fudge due to popular demand! Thank you for making my Christmas hampers popular! :o)
I love getting up during the wee hours of the morning on this day. Lior's waking up to sweet smells on Christmas morning is well worth it! :o)
Wishing you and hubby (but especially you) a Wonderful Christmas and a healthy & fruitful New Year!
Miss you! xox
Nikki