Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Girlfriends II



Girlfriends party - means no boys - except these two - how could we deny them. Too cute.

Girlfriend party continued...

For the main course I did two different salads - cherry tomatoes (red, yellow and orange) with basil and shavings of parmesan and grilled yellow and green zucchini with goat cheese. And then grilled pork tenderloin with an Italian Salsa Verde. I served a loaf of bread with a sun-dried tomato butter that I made. 


For the salads - they were exactly what they were. For the tomato salad, I tossed the tomatoes in a very small drizzle of olive oil, chopped up some fresh basil and seasoned with kosher salt and pepper. Then with a potato peeler (very high tech) I shaved pieces of fresh parmesan cheese. 

For the grilled zucchini and goat cheese - I sliced 4 zucchinis (2 green, 2 yellow) in half lengthwise and brushed a very small amount of olive oil and seasoned with kosher salt and pepper. Then grilled on a low heat until they had beautiful grill marks and were soft - but not mushy. I then cut thin into 1 inch pieces, placed them in a bowl and crumbled goat cheese over top and gently tossed.

For the main, main event, I grilled pork tenderloin and served it with Italian Salsa Verde. I used the same recipe that I used for my grilled pork tenderloin, all the time. Simple rub, and it works every time. Check that out HERE

I made the salsa verde, earlier in the day. It had all day to sit and let all the flavours soak in together. Oh my - was it worth the it.

Italian Salsa Verde
2 cups parsley - chopped (stems removed)
2 cups fresh mint leaves
1 cup fresh chives
1 cup fresh basil
4 cloves of garlic
1 tsp chili flakes or 1 small fresh jalepeno (I used chili flakes)
2 tbsp drained capers
Juice of one lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper

Place all of the ingredients in a food processor (I tried using my blender, b/c it was already out for the Gazpacho, but it didn't work). Pulse to get all of the herbs chopped. As the ingredients were being processed, I slowly added the olive oil. Use a spatula to ensure that all of the ingredients are consistently processed together. Place in the fridge and let sit until serving. 

I pulled the salsa verde out just prior to serving to let it sit at room temperature. 

I sliced the tenderloin on the diagonal and spooned the salsa verde on top. 

And with that, dinner was served! 

Again, it was a great night - it was so intimate to sit on the deck with close friends, and have the opportunity to cook for them too. 

Jenny - you are invited any time - or you can crash it - whatever works better for you. I would love to have you any time. 

I have stories to tell, love affairs to declare and recipes to share. Those will come soon. For now - I need to look at the dishes that I should be doing, try and get Chris to open a bag of kettle chips to share, not think about the fact that there is no chocolate in the house and pretend that tomorrow is Saturday and I can sleep in for 2 extra hours. 

Loves.

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Cherzaloo, that is a gorgeous picture of you. You look just beautiful.

I'm so sorry to have missed the party. It looks like a great and very yummy time.

Anonymous said...

I wish I had been there, it all looks scrumptious, and yes that is a great picture of you.Love ya Mom

rashmi said...

So I totally know that next time I have friends/fam for dinner your blog is where i'm turning too...thanx friend. MWAH MWAH.